Saturday, July 6, 2013

Coordination

I can touch my nose with my eyes closed (using either hand), but it's infinitely more complicated to coordinate wardrobe items.  I have a hard enough time remembering what I'm wearing, let alone my characters! 
And it's not enough to just double-check to make sure they're wearing the same color gown at dinner that they left their chambers in.  I'm also responsible for not assigning them clashing colors!  No orange sashes with purple dresses, etc., etc.  I admit it.  Sometimes I spend as much time researching their clothes as I do hunting up a particular fencing term or trying to find the right synonym for a word I've used too much.  I'm the "t-shirt and jeans type" myself, so why, I wonder, do I write about ball gowns and linen napkins? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment