Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Kindle Book Review’s 2013 Best Indie Book Awards #1

     I was thinking that it would be an interesting form of torture to read through the 'Look inside!' section of the other semi-finalist books in my category (Young Adult) while I wait for September 1st.  The judges selected the semi-finalists based only on the first several pages of the books, and I wanted to see what my own reaction was.
     So, as planned, I'm starting to read through the competition's offerings.  I decided to start with Diana Kimpton's "There Must be Horses" because I'm still horse crazy. 
     Ms. Kimpton's style is inviting, she keeps the story moving, and makes me quite sympathetic to her main character's plight.  I can certainly understand why "There Must be Horses" was chosen as a semifinalist! 
     I am not planning to read the books all the way through (that would be close to a book a day) but I can say that what I read of "There Must be Horses" was very enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment